Offsite Solar PPAs
Integrating the purchase of renewable energy into an organization’s core business is becoming standard practice. Commercial, industrial and institutional customers are purchasing renewables to meet sustainability goals, fulfill clean energy commitments and limit exposure to energy price volatility.
Today more than ever before, you can take control of your energy cost and gain a competitive advantage with an offsite solar power purchase agreement (PPA). Contact us to learn more.
- No upfront capital expenditure
- Solar PPA price per kWh is fixed for all or a portion of your load
- Price hedge against volatile energy markets
- Potential financial gain/cost savings depending
- Great for organizations with large, fragmented loads, or limited on site opportunities
- Naming rights / branding opportunities
- Promote renewable energy purchase (with the transfer of environmental attributes)
- Meet greenhouse gas reduction targets
- Additionality – the renewable energy project would not have otherwise been built
Virtual Solar PPA (VPPA)
With the VPPA, solar energy along with the associated RECs are purchased for a fixed price. The project sells the energy at market pricing and passes the revenue to the customer. The VPPA is a financial contract with no physical delivery of energy which makes it a great solution for customers with fragmented loads.
Retail Solar PPA
With a Retail Solar PPA, customers with load in deregulated electricity markets can take delivery and title to the energy from a solar project as part of their generation supply.